We are now on somewhat of a schedule. He feeds about every 3 hours during the day, and then goes about 4 good hours at night between feedings. Nursing hasn't come easy, and continue to have issues to work through. We are going to see another specialist, hopefully this week, to check out Grant's tongue. The lactation consultant seems to think he has trouble because of a tongue tie. Unfortunately, its not an easily seen tongue tie, and the first doctor didn't think it was there. He then told us there was nothing he could do and just to feed Grant with a bottle. I am now attached to breastfeeding him, and we aren't quite ready to give it up yet. So, our current routine includes nursing him, then feeding him with a bottle (he tires out and doesn't end up getting enough at a feeding), and then pumping. If dad's home, we are able to have somewhat of a normal schedule since he helps with feedings while I pump.
Other than our nursing issues, this has been fairly easy. He only cries when he's hungry, wet, or tired.
I could stare at this little face forever.
Such a sweetie! Love that last photo! So glad to hear you are getting on a better schedule! Everything gets better as he gets older so hang in there! I remember how overwhelmed I felt when Bree was around Grant's age and it's definitely progressively gotten better! Once you get some more sleep it helps a lot too! ;) You are an amazing mommy!!! :) Let's hang out again soon! PS...Happy 1-month birthday (tomorrow) Grant! :)
ReplyDelete