Monday, August 22, 2011

First day alone...

Today is Jeff's first day back to work.  I told him last night "I have huge hopes of conquering this house tomorrow..." Famous last words.

Its now 1:30 pm.  Baby has clothes on...but a dirty diaper.  Which will be the 3rd, in about 20 minutes.  He is fed, which is a success.  He is about to scream due to the dirty diaper.  I am still in my robe.  I did manage a nap, though.  Grant wouldn't let me put him down so I caved and put him in my bed....and then the dog hopped in, and we all took a nap.   I've done nothing else this morning and afternoon.  I would include a picture but I haven't taken any.

Update...its now an hour later.  Grant has a clean diaper...but I have given up on doing anything else and am now cuddling with him on the couch.  He's asleep on me...and I love it.



4 comments:

  1. Don't stress about doing the laundry, cleaning up the mess, etc. It will all still be there in an hour or in a day or in a week. But Grant will never be a newborn again... cherish and enjoy this time b/c it passes by way too quickly. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a successful day to me!! ;) It will get better! I promise! And in the mean time, if you want me to come by Bree and I will hang out with Grant while you get some housework done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie Jamie is available for Grant watching services. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't there a saying about conquering something in 3 days? I've learned to clean bathrooms in stages-1 day floors, next day sinks..eventually it will get clean. Enjoy the nap. I was the same way too but now w/ only 2 weeks left at home, naps together are precious.

    ReplyDelete