Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A few busy weekends!

I know it has been awhile since I've posted last, but we have been so busy! 

Over Labor Day weekend, we just relaxed.  It was Trina's birthday, so we went out to eat on Friday night for sushi and drinks at Tempe Marketplace.  Here is a ASU football advertisement, and Jeff is pretending to tackle Trina. 


On Saturday morning, I got up and met Trina, Missy, and Chele at a restaurant/bar in downtown Scottsdale that all the MSU fans go to watch the games. It was like being back on campus!! It was so fun... we got Trina balloons and cupcakes and ice cream because it was her birthday!  Happy belated birthday Treens!

This was the morning that I was in a heavy conversation with my mother while pumping gas, and forgot to put the handle back on the pump, and drove away...oops.  I was mortified.  Luckily the handle and tubing disconnects from the pump without doing any damage, and I noticed right away...anyways....
Trinas birthday celebration continued at our house Saturday night, with pizza and salad.  We were pretty tired after an early morning watching football, and Trina wasn't feeling very well.  After dinner, Jamie and Brandon came over for a few drinks with us and a couple of rounds of Apples to Apples....always a good time!   I just realized Jeff isn't in any of the pictures, but he really was there!!
Sunday, we went to church and spent most of the rest of the day on the lake...it was super busy, but lots of fun!!!  Monday, we went out on the boat too....but not until after a long hike up Camelback Mountain.  We took the path that is 1.5 miles long but climbs about 1500 feet...which amounts to walking up stairs for the whole hike.  In some places, there is all rock at steep angles, and there are bars to pull yourself up the rock with. Crazy!!!  It took us about 2 hours, but felt so good when we were done!  I stopped and my quads were shaking...
See the pull bar?? I can't even stand up straight...I dont know if it was because of the steepness or because I was so tired!!!
Beautiful...but rocky!
We made it...but what goes up must come down...

No comments:

Post a Comment