Thursday, June 3, 2010

My 19th Birthday...

As you all know...I recently had a fun filled 19th birthday...haha, I wish...

My birthday was on a Saturday, and to start off the day, Jeff and I got up early and drove to Picacho Peak, halfway between here and Tuscon.  It is a huge hike that you use gloves with chains to pull yourself up in some places.  It was crazy!  The views aren't crazy since its the desert, but the fact that we did it was very cool.  You know you are getting old when you are competing with the college kids on the trails, and for the record, we did beat them!! 

We made it to the top!  The ranger at the visitors center (we're nerds...we love visitors centers...) told us "average" hikers take about 3 hours....so of course we had to beat the time of "average" hikers...come on, we're not average!!!  Crazy, definately, but not average :)


Yikes...hold on tight...
Jeff, please don't fall off that mountain...how would I explain that to your mother???


On the way down...



That night, we went out with Jamie, Brandon, Trina, Missy and Tony... Bandera in Scottsdale...so yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like one nutty climb/hike! How hot is it out there right now?

    I'm loving all these blog updates!!! Yay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete