Today we went to Detroit for the Komen Race for the Cure! We had so much fun and it was amazing to see all of the support for breast cancer survivors! It was a little emotional to see all of the survivors dancing and hugging and celebrating, now that cancer has hit so close to home. It was great to go and celebrate with my mom and our family! My mom and Brian, Jeff, Lisa, and Pati and Imad came down for the big race...it wasn't too much of a race more of a fun run/walk. Lisa and I ran it together with our matching t-shirts we had made and got lots of attention for - and we ran the whole thing! Which is an accomplishment for me. We ran it in about 30 minutes and beat our goal time! Jeff ran it in 23.5 minutes - amazing! Uncle Imad ran too, and beat his goal by a long shot, and finished in about 32 minutes! It wasn't competetive, and it was a very full run! My mom, Brian, and Aunt Pati did the walk. It was the biggest race I've ever been a part of!
Brian out to do the walk not long after knee surgery!
Me and Mom - I love you!
Our group!
Our group with the celebration signs! Go mom! She did the hard part, the least we all could do was to run or walk a 5k for her!
What a great day! I bet that was so special for your mom! I would have loved to be there! Next time let me know. The tee shirts are GREAT! Very creative! Why wasn't Jeff wearing one? ha ha Your mom is very blessed to have you as a daughter!
ReplyDelete